Start/Stop Service

Start Water Service

Please contact New Mexico Water to request service at least one business day prior to your desired start date. If water is physically off at the location, an adult must be present when the New Mexico Water service person arrives to turn on the connection.

Please have the following information handy when you contact the New Mexico Water Customer Center to request new service:

  • Address where service is to start
  • Start date
  • Last four digits of your Social Security number
  • Day and evening telephone numbers
  • E-mail address (for emergency notification only)
  • Billing address, if different than service address

Before your service can be started, you will need to fill out and submit an Application for Service form.

Stop or Transfer Water Service

To stop your water service, please contact the New Mexico Water Customer Center by phone, mail, fax, or using the Contact Us form and request to have the service taken out of your name. The Customer Center can also assist you if you are moving within our service area and would like to transfer your service.